I am equally comfortable exploring ‘big picture’ ideas and addressing the nitty-gritty details of operations. I have extensive experience as a mediator, executive administrator, board member, and committee member in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors.
My experience in government includes administrative and program development efforts at the city, county, and statewide levels. I have also co-founded and administered several community-based organizations, worked in and with private companies, and served on multiple Boards of Directors, committees, and commissions—including the Board of Trustees of a community hospital, city Planning Commission, and Commission on the Future of California’s Courts. In each of these capacities, I have marshaled my own and organizational resources to streamline operations, provide excellent service, strengthen organizational teams, and improve collaboration across disciplines and departments.
My skills are most useful for organizations that:
- Want or need to refine or revise their strategic goals
- Improve performance by re-engineering existing policies and procedures
- Need to revitalize the working relationship between their Board of Directors, CEO, and/or executive leadership team
- Want to cultivate effective managers
- Want to invest in their workforce
- Need to address systemic issues following a conflict, complaint or other workforce disruption
Other services I provide include:
- Providing training on effective project management
- Developing effective conflict management strategies
- Integrating technology into operations
- Customized training for managers and staff in communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills